GET HELP FAST FOR UNEXPECTED DENTAL EMERGENCIES
At Barco Family Dentistry, we know how alarming it can be when you or a loved one experiences sudden dental pain. As an emergency dentist in Bloomington with years of experience and a compassionate chairside manner, Dr. Barco has helped patients of all ages get out pain quickly while also protecting their long-term oral health. We set aside time in our schedule each day to accommodate emergencies and we’re always just a phone call away. To get help fast for unexpected dental emergencies, don’t hesitate to contact us !
WHY CHOOSE BARCO FAMILY DENTISTRY FOR EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE?
- #1 Compassionate Dentist with Over a Decade of Experience
- #2 Wide Variety of Treatments Offered In-House
- #3 BarCalm & Nitrous Oxide Sedation Available for Maximum Comfort
WHAT TO DO IN A DENTAL EMERGENCY
It’s easy to panic in a dental emergency, which is why it’s so important to know what to do in the midst of one ahead of time. Should you or a loved one experience one of these scary situations, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Call us immediately. We save room in our schedule every day to see emergency patients, often on the same day they call us.
- Step 2: Follow our first aid instructions. Over the phone, one of our experienced team members will walk you through how to manage your situation until you can reach our office.
- Step 3: See Dr. Barco for an exam. When you arrive, your Bloomington emergency dentist Dr. Barco will see you right away. He’ll provide any necessary pain relief while evaluating your emergency.
- Step 4: Make a treatment plan. Barco will review his findings with you and fully explain which treatment he recommends, including its estimated length and price. Together, you’ll create a treatment plan that works best for you.
- Step 5: Get the care you need fast! We offer a wide range of restorative and emergency services right here in our office, so we’ll get to work right away as soon as a treatment plan has been made. If you’re feeling anxious or in pain, we may recommend options like BarCalm or nitrous oxide sedation to help you sit back and relax while we care for your smile.
THE MOST COMMON DENTAL EMERGENCIES
There are two main types of dental emergencies. Some, such as toothaches, develop over a longer period of time. Others are very sudden and often result from an accident or injury. Dr. Barco and our team have plenty of experience handling both. Your first step is to call us so we can schedule the first available appointment and give you tips for handling the situation until we can see you. Here are some guidelines for common emergencies:
- CRACKED TOOTH
- SENSITIVITY TO HOT & COLD
- KNOCKED-OUT TOOTH
- LOST FILLING OR CROWN
- BROKEN DENTURE
- LOOSE TOOTH
- GUMS, LIPS OR TONGUE INJURY
- JAW PAIN OR CLENCHING
- SOMETHING STUCK BETWEEN TEETH
UNDERSTANDING THE COST OF DENTAL EMERGENCIES
It’s impossible to give an estimate of how much a dental emergency will cost until the problem in question has been properly evaluated. The final price will reflect your smile’s needs when it comes to stopping pain and protecting the teeth from damage. Our recommendations will always focus on what’s actually necessary for your care, and we’ll always make sure that you’re fully aware of your payment options before moving forward with anything. Keep reading to learn more about the factors that change the cost of emergency dentistry in Bloomington.
HOW TO PREVENT DENTAL EMERGENCIES
As a dentist in Bloomington, we know that when it comes to emergencies, prevention is so much easier than treatment. While not every accident or injury can be avoided, there are several simple habits and precautions that can dramatically reduce your risk of a dental emergency. Read on below as we go over the five most important ways to keep your smile safe, healthy, and intact.
DENTAL EMERGENCY FAQ’S
While you can’t always predict when a dental emergency is going to strike, it helps to be prepared with lots of information beforehand. That’s why we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions about dental emergencies and answered them for your convenience.